Google+ Badge

Sunday, 21 June 2015

Chicken and aubergine jalfrezi

I love a good curry. I'd made a version of Jamie Oliver's jalfrezi paste, subbing some spices I didn't have, and had a nice piece of cooked chicken leftover from the Simple Chicken Bake so I made this simple supper. Not very authentic, but delicious!

Ingredients
250g cooked chicken
1 aubergine, diced
2tbsp jalfrezi paste
1 tin tomato
200ml water

Method
Gently heat the curry paste and loosen with a splash of water or oil.
Stir the aubergine through the sauce and cook until softened.
Add the tin of tomatoes and increase the heat if you need to so the mixture is bubbling nicely.
Once the sauce has reduced, add the cooked chicken and stir.
Add the water and stir. Leave to gently bubble away for a few minutes whilst you get any accompaniments ready!

We ate this between the two of us but I only served it with bread. If you served it alongside more substantial side dishes it would go further.

No comments:

Post a Comment