Google+ Badge

Friday, 5 June 2015

Rhubarb and almond muffins

Having made roasted rhubarb yesterday and custard this morning, I had 8 egg whites and an idea to use some of the rhubarb.

Raspberries other tart fruits like currants would work well in place of the roasted rhubarb.

These taste delicious but are not quite picture perfect: however I'm not about to start remaking them, I'll just remember what to change for next time!

I used my bun tin rather than muffin tin, and next time I'd definitely use the muffin tin as there was a lot of mixture and the muffin tin would give a better shape. I also used my Kenwood, but you could equally make it by hand.

Ingredients
140g butter
Some roasted rhubarb (add to taste, about 150g cut into chunks)
200g sugar
4 egg whites
50g plain flour
100g ground almonds

Makes 12 muffins

Method
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° for fan).

Grease a muffin tin.

Mix together the flour, ground almonds and sugar.

Whisk egg whites until white and foamy.

Gradually add the dry mix a spoonful at a time.

By hand, gently stir through the rhubarb* then fill the muffin tin.

Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown.

*(I added the rhubarb to the to the tin and put the cake mix on top, which resulted in the rhubarb falling out! It also wasn't enough rhubarb for my taste.)

No comments:

Post a Comment