Google+ Badge

Monday, 20 July 2015

Lentil bolognese

We're going on holiday to sunny Yorkshire soon, and I was all set to order some posh  ready meals, until I reminded myself of the prices. Wow!

So, after 2 days of a massive Slimming World Fail, I thought I'd make a few homemade meals to freeze and reheat once we're there.

I love Jack Munroe's lentil bolognese recipe and this is my version.

I'd say mine serves about 4, depending on what you use it for (pasta/pizza topping, lasagna filling etc).

Slimming world followers - 1.5 syns per portion or syn free if you use fry light.

Lentil bolognese
1 onion
3 - 4 garlic cloves
2 carrots
3 mushroom stalks from flat mushrooms
3 beetroot tops
1tbsp oil
1tbsp chopped rosemary
1 veg stock cube
1 tsp marmite
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin water
150g red lentils

Method
Grate all vegetables in a food processor.
Heat the oil and add the vegetables.
Stir until they are softened - don't over cook.
Add the tomatoes and tin of water.
Add the lentils and stir well.
Add the herbs, stock cube and marmite.
Stir regularly.
Cook on a low heat until lentils are soft.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment